FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We prepare fresh, wholesome and tasty lunch boxes for children and deliver these to schools daily.
For every lunch box you buy from us, we give a healthy meal to food-insecure buddy via our partner organisation lunchboxfund.org.
It’s really easy, you order online, and we’ll take care of the rest!
- You choose your lunchbox preferences online, and select the school you want to get it delivered to (limited delivery points for the launch period) and make payment via EFT or our secure payment option, Payfast or Snapscan.
- One we received your order, we will freshly prepare your child’s lunch box early every morning during the subscription term.
- We deliver it to your child’s school every morning in time for their morning snack.
- Your little one enjoys really nutritious and yummy food.
- For every lunch you buy from us, we give a meal to a food-insecure buddy via our partner organisation lunchboxfund.org.
We prepare our meals from our professional chemical-free kitchen space in Salt River, Cape Town.
We use bio-degradable boxes for the food and glass bottles for the smoothies that we collect, sterilise and re-use.
We donate a fixed amount per lunchbox sold to our partner organisation Lunchbox Fund, which covers exactly one meal for a food-insecure child. 100% of our donated funds are used for the meals for these vulnerable and food-insecure school children.
At the moment, we deliver our lunch boxes to Maara House, Stepping Stones, Huppelland and Explore + Discover CBD in Cape Town.
However, if you are keen to try My Lunchbuddy at another school, then drop us a line and we’re happy to explore the options. If we have 5 sign ups per school located in/close to the CBD, we can make this happen.
The lunchboxes will be delivered to school between 9 and 10am, in time for the morning snack time.
We carefully label our lunchboxes with the child’s class and name on it and, depending on the school/class, store it in their lockers or another designated place where they can find it.
Simply go to www.mylunchbuddy.co.za and select the offer that is applicable to you.
At schools were we are introducing My Lunchbuddy for the first time, we offer a launch special to first-time customers. If you sign up for 10 days, you’ll get 3 days on us.
At Maara House and for returning customers at Stepping Stones and Huppelland, we offer a regular plan; where you sign up for 2-weeks and automatically continue until you cancel.
From here, ordering is really simple. Choose your preferred lunch option and add your smoothie preferences (optional), and follow the secure checkout process.
Orders must be in before Thursday 8pm for delivery starting on the Monday thereafter.
If you sign up before Thursday 8pm, your subscription will automatically start on the first Monday thereafter, as we need 4-days-notice to include you for that week’s deliveries.
If you sign up after Thursday 8pm, we will include you in the following’s week deliveries, starting on a Monday. Please note that we do not deliver during public school holidays, and usually start our deliveries one week into a new school term (which we will confirm at the start of every new term).
Yes, after placing your order you are asked to register / create an account so you can easily access and duplicate your previous order and don’t have to insert your billing and delivery details again in case you’d like to subscribe again in the future.
On our ordering page we offer the following payment methods; EFT, PAYFAST, and Snapscan.
PayFast allows you to do an immediate bank transfer. Once you place an order you will be redirected to PayFast’s secure payment gateway.
Snapscan allows you to pay via your mobile phone if you have set this up. You will be redirected to a page showing the Snapscan QR Code for you to scan, and your bank will ask you to type in your secure OTP code for additional security.
If you subscribe to our regular plan, you pay for the first 2 weeks (10 days), and we will invoice you thereafter every two weeks.
At the moment, we offer a full 5-day-per week subscription only. In the future we will explore the feasibility of a 3-day subscription.
At the moment we offer a launch special for 10 days at selected schools for first-time customers. After these 10 days, your subscription will automatically end.
We offer a regular plan at Maara House and for returning customers at Stepping Stones and Huppelland, for 2 weeks (10 days). This plan automatically continues after these initial 2 weeks until you cancel.
This means that we invoice you for the first 10 days when you sign up, and will invoice you thereafter every two weeks for the weeks you have used. After the first 10 days, you can cancel anytime for the week ahead starting on a Monday – we just need 5-days-notice.
At the moment, it works as follows:
- Want to add the same product for more children at the same school? Simply use the tab to indicate that you want 2 or 3 of the product selections you have made.
For children at the same school, we offer the following discounts:
- We offer a 5% discount on your total order value if you order for 2 children at the same school. Please use the promotional code ‘twobuddies’ when you check-out.
- We offer a 10% discount on your total order value total if you order for 3 children or more at the same school. Please use the promotional code ‘threebuddies’ when you check-out.
- Want to add a different product for another child at the same school? Simply add another product to your cart.
- Want to add a product for another child at a different school? Simply add another product to your cart.
- Unfortunately you can’t skip or freeze any days during the 10-day launch period.
- For the regular 5-week-package, we will offer the flexibility to freeze your package during certain events (private holidays outside the school holidays/ other absence) for a maximum number of days with sufficient prior notice (48 hours).
- My Lunchbuddy operates only during the school terms.
Every lunch box contains a portion of fresh fruit, a nutritious mid-morning snack, and a main lunch meal. The fruit and mid-morning snack are vegetarian and identical across all our lunch boxes. Only the main lunch meal is different across the two product options that we offer;
Our Vegetarian Buddy contains a vegetarian main lunch meal 5 days per week. Our Omnivore Buddy contains a non-vegetarian lunch meal (fish/meat protein) – 3 days per week and a vegetarian lunch meal – 2 days per week.
You have the choice to add a 200ml smoothie to your lunchbox for 3 or 5 days per week if you want to give your child an extra health boost during his/her day at school.
GET IN TOUCH
Hello, we would love to hear from you!
Let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or inspiration that you would like to share with us!
076 181 7099